What’s a Wobbleberry? A middle-aged happy hacker determined to compete at a British Eventing 80 event (that’s 80cm, the maximum height of the fences involved). And they’re raising money in the memory of young eventer Hannah Francis, who died of lung, hip and pelvic cancer.
The Wobbleberries share a few key characteristics, being
– not currently fit enough to get round a cross country course
– not currently brave enough to get round a cross country course
– old enough to know better, and know that this will hurt!
– dedicated – to raising money, to training, and conquering the fear
– supportive of each other – aiming to be weeble-esque, “we wobble, but we don’t fall down”.
If you want to sponsor the Wobbleberries or throw caution to the wind and join them, find out more here. If I had a horse and didn’t have my own wobbliness problems, I’d be there in a shot. All power to your trembling elbows, Wobbleberries and your somewhat startled steeds! You can do it!