I’ve kept a weather eye on the “Brony” phenomenon (male geeks who love My Little Pony cartoons) and even done a post about it, although I’m not as excited as the rest of the media who keep bronies constantly in the news and all over the blogosphere. These stories piqued my interest though, so here’s a brief round up from Planet Pony:
- The Berlin Pirate Party have introduced “pony time” into their rules of procedure, meaning that during meetings and debates any member can request time out to watch My Little Pony cartoons. Original story in German here, and translated into English here. Thanks to Matt for spotting this.
- Fancy dress at the Bronycon gathering. This included the presentation of the results of a psycho-sociological study of bronyism.
- The New York Times threw geeks into ecstasies by publishing a brony-related correction.
- A brony clarifies a few points for Gawker, and reveals that female bronies are called “Pegasisters”.
- You can build your own MLP at General Zoi’s Pony Creator. Hours of fun! Here’s mine: